During the week I don’t usually have time to patchke in the kitchen, so I have a list of side dishes that I choose from when those last-minute guests appear. These side dishes are great supplements to your KOAMC freezer meals.
Roasted Veggies– basically you just cut, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper, put in a pan and then into the oven. Some ideas include:
- Acorn squash
- Butternut squash
- Sweet potatoes
Steamed Veggies– fresh or frozen, steamed in microwave. Some already come in the steamer bags, making this super easy without any prep. Some ideas include:
- Green beans
- Any medly that comes in a bag
Kugels– throw all ingredients into a bowl, mix and put into oven. Some of my go-to kugels include:
- Broccoli corn kugel
- Broccoli kugel
- Butternut squash kugel
- Cauliflower kugel
- Sweet Noodle kugel- two steps, since you have to boil the noodles first, but still pretty easy.
- Spinach kugel
- Spinach Noodle Kugel- also two steps.
- Zucchini kugel
Other Easy Ideas–
- Corn on the cob (or just a can of corn if it’s not in season)
- Couscous (try the 5-minute Near East varities)
- Kasha- takes a little more time, but the results are worth it!
- Mashed potatoes
- Sesame noodles
To see more side dish ideas and recipes click here.
What are your go-to easy side dishes?
Until next time,