I found this recipe on Facebook and love it. I made a whole 8-quart pot, froze some of it and can’t wait to eat the rest!
- 2 onions diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 3 carrots shredded
- Oil for sautéing
- 2 zucchini unpeeled left whole
- 2 carrots left hole
- 1 sweet potato left whole
- 1 parsley roots left whole
- 3 celery sticks left whole
- 1 onion left hole
- 2 carrots sliced into coins
- 1/2 cup barley optional
- 1 Kemach orange/green split peas
- 1.5 tablespoons salt
- dash of black pepper
In an 8 quart pot, sauté the first three ingredients until golden.
Add the rest of the ingredients and fill the pot with water.
Simmer on low flame for approximately 3 hours, or until the split peas dissolve.
Remove the whole vegetables from the pot & blend until smooth.
Return blended vegetables to the pot. Mix and enjoy!
Until next time,