When this month's link-up had to have a Purim theme I was just going to skip linking up. This isn't really a recipe blog and I don't always post about holidays- especially one-day holidays that fall out on a Sunday and you can prepare for on the day of... even a full-time working mom can handle this one without going crazy. So, I couldn't believe it when one of my friends posted this "recipe" on Facebook. It tied in so nicely with the Purim theme I had been thinking of!
This recipe is totally up my ally. It's easy, uses boxed brownie batter, has chocolate AND peanut butter, and can even be frozen!
|Photo Credit: MyFridgeFood.com|
Oreo Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
24 Oreos (or pareve equivalent)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 box brownie mix (enough for an 8x8 pan)
cupcake paper liners
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Prepare brownie mix according to package
- Place 1 teaspoon of peanut butter over each oreo
- Place 2 oreos stacked on top of each other in cupcake paper liner
- Pour 2 tablespoons of brownie batter over stacked oreos letting it run down the sides of the cookies
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes until brownies are cooked through
Allow cupcakes to cool completely. Individually wrap each cupcake in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. To serve: Thaw.