This series is to help you make the most of your cooking day.
Click here to view the entire series.
When you cook for an entire month in one day, there’s a lot to do. Wasting time is not an option!!
The first step to get you started with planning your cooking day is to determine how much time you have to cook and what the purpose of the day will be. Ask yourself the following questions:
Determine how much time you will have for your cooking day:
- How much time will I have to cook?
- Do I have a full day to cook or only an hour?
- Will I have time to do prep work the day before?
Define the purpose of your cooking day:
- What kind of food do I want in my freezer at the end of the day?
- Do I want to focus on one type of food (ex: side dishes, main dishes, soup, chicken, kid-friendly, desserts, dairy)?
- Do I want an array of different types of food?
- Do I want to be able to make an entire Shabbos from my freezer?
- Is there a special occasion (party, holiday) that I need to prepare for in advance?
Once you know how much time you have and what types of food you want to make, it’s time to move on to step 2. Stay tuned…
Until next time,