This series is to help you make the most of your cooking day.
Click here to view the entire series.
Step 3 in this series is to put your recipes in the order you plan on making them. Remember these tips:
- Slow-cooker recipes and recipes with long cook times first, so they have time to cook
- Group recipes with same oven temperatures together, so cooking time can overlap.
- Group recipes with same appliances together (ex: make all my recipes that require the food processor or mixer at the same time, prepare all raw chicken together, etc…)
- Make sure the order of your recipes takes the pots/pans/bowls you have into account (If you only have one large pot, then don’t plan on making 3 huge pots of soup at the same time).
- If you need cooked ingredients (ex: rice or chicken) make sure they are cooked before you prepare the recipe
While doing this, you may have to add/remove recipes you initially included.
This is one of the hardest steps, but definitely worth the time you put in!
Stay tuned for the next step…
Until next time,