- Picked up everything from the basement floor in case of flooding
- Bought water and filled up all water pitchers
- Found flashlights and bought extra batteries
- Filled our cars with gas
- Bought non-perishable food, such as pasta, oatmeal, and cereal
- Did all the laundry
- Stuffed my freezer with ice packs (people said to do this in case of power loss, the food will stay colder longer)
- Charged our phones and laptops
We were BH very lucky that we didn’t lose power, but there were times on Sunday night I definitely thought we would. I’m glad I did all of the above, since some of it really paid off! Ok, we didn’t need all the water I bought, but I’m so glad we have gas in our cars so we don’t have to wait in 2 hour lines to fill up!
Lesson learned- never underestimate the weatherman… sometimes he’s right!
Until next time,