Below is the menu I’m making and how I’m going to do it. It’s great for before Pesach because it doesn’t have chametz (only kitniyos)! So, here we go…
- Gefilte fish
- Chicken and rice
- Vegetable kugel (same recipe as my broccoli kugel with different frozen veggies)
The Shopping List:
- chicken bottoms
- frozen vegetables
- gefilte fish
- grape/cherry tomatoes
- onion soup mix
- salad bag
- salad dressing
- string beans
- sweet potatoes
- turkey pieces
- Boil pot of water on stove for gefilte fish
- Peel carrots, cut onion for gefilte fish
- Put frozen vegetables for kugel into microwave to defrost
- Pre-heat oven for chicken and rice
- When water in pot is boiling add frozen loaf of gefilte fish, carrots, onions and any spices you want
- Peel sweet potatoes
- Place sweet potatoes, string beans and turkey into pan. Sprinkle with garlic powder and paprika. Cover and place in fridge until cooking time.
- Prepare chicken and rice. Put in oven.
- Prepare vegetable kugel. Put in oven.
Add store-bought challah, dessert and a salad bag with cucumber and tomatoes and the menu is complete! If I do all these steps Thursday night, then the only thing left is to put my turkey in the oven a few hours before Shabbos begins.
And there ya have it. Shabbos in one hour!
Until next time,