I’m sitting on the train home after a long day at work. My job keeps me busy. Sometimes too busy. And instead of feeling grateful, I’m feeling sad about all the things I wish I had time to do. These are my thoughts:
There are so many things I want to do in life, but just don’t have the time.
- I’d love to get some exercise on a regular basis (in addition to running to the train like a mad woman).
- I’d like to spend time cooking nice meals for my family.
- I’d like to eat healthier and not make bad food choices because I have no time.
- I’d like to spend time on hobbies.
- I’d like to get more sleep.
- I’d like to put on makeup everyday.
- I’d like to be home when my kids come home from school.
- I’d like to not always be in a rush.
At this moment I’m feeling so overwhelmed that I don’t even know how to start making changes.
My days are a vicious cycle. Come home from work at 7pm, finish Hebrew homework with DS1, put kids to bed, eat dinner, shower. At this point I usually relax… even if it’s already 11pm. And that’s why I go to bed late. And that’s also why I cannot wake up earlier than I already do.
And there are so many things I have to do each evening that I didn’t even mention… laundry, dishes, and sometimes even work.
Arg. I’m just in a bad, tired mood today and wanted to share it with you. We can’t always be super motivated and perky. But I know that this is where I am meant to be right now. I will bounce back, but for now I am just wishing I had more time for other things.
Do you sometimes feel this way? What do you wish you had more time to do?
Until next time,